Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review: The Doctor's Deceit by Kathy Steinemann

The Doctor's Deceit (Sapphire Brigade Book 2) by Kathy Steinemann 

Description:
Vanguard or villain? Who is the real Owen Vargas?

SARGENT, 1898 -- The Doctor has a secret, a secret he never revealed to his departed wife, a secret he kept from his childhood friend. Is he afraid that the Brigade will find out? Does he fear Retribution? Or does he have another reason for his mysterious behavior?

Discover the truth about the Doctor and the vigilante group known as the "Sapphire Brigade".

My Thoughts:
After reading Vanguard of Hope, I was very curious about Owen. I recommend reading that book first, otherwise you might not understand some things. This book continues the story and ties up some loose ends. It is interesting hearing from a member of the Brigade. Owen has a completely different perspective than Hope did in the first book. I loved this book and how events and people tie together. Thought-provoking and intriguing, it kept me reading. The ending is satisfying, yet leaves it open enough for another book. I definitely recommend this series.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!
*Notes:
Deals with sexual abuse and victims.

My Source: author

Where to get it:

Smashwords

Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads

WiLoveBooks review of Vanguard of Hope
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...