Friday, October 30, 2015

Review: Whispered Pain by Ashley Fontainne


Description:
I am no longer among the living. At least, I don’t think I am. I don’t remember my name, my age, or even my sex. I don’t feel. I can’t smell. I hear, but sounds don’t register emotional responses anymore. I see, but it’s all in muted gray. No vibrant colors. 

No sense of time, space, awareness. I just…float. Like a weightless cloud drifting through the limitless universe. I don’t know where I am or how I arrived at this point. Ebony nothingness has swallowed me whole. 

Can you help me? Will you help me? I need to know. Want to know. Have to know. 

Who am I? 

Where am I? 

How do I escape this black void? 

Help. 

Please, help me.


My Thoughts:
This one gets off to a slow start. The first several chapters are different characters and it is difficult to follow. Once this story gets going, though, it is hard to put down. Everything also gets tied up at the end. It is a pretty intense and twisted story.
My first thought when I started listening to this one is that he narrator sounds like a Disney princess. That ends up working for the story, though. It provides a contrast to some of the horrific events in the book. This narrator also does a particularly excellent job of bringing the dialogue to life. I enjoyed listening.


My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !
*Notes:
Language.

My Source: author



Where to get it:

Amazon


Where to find the author:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...