Friday, February 22, 2013

Review: Winter Storms by Lucy Oliver

Winter Storms by Lucy Oliver

Description:
Two years ago Carly Roberts split from her lover, Daniel Edwards, after he caused a terrible sailing accident that cost her both the use of her right leg and her Olympic dreams. Unable to watch his climb to double Olympic success, she stayed in the Cornish village they grew up in, while he travelled the world.

Racked with guilt, knowing he destroyed her future, Daniel has finally returned home to make amends. But he didn’t expect to fall in love with her again.

Carly has her own life now and it doesn’t include him. She can’t forgive him for the catastrophic injuries that changed her life. While the storms of a Cornish winter lash their village home, can Daniel persuade her to give him a second chance?


My Thoughts:
I love a good happy ending. So why is it that I like it when the characters have to suffer first before they get there? This is a second chance story where they have a lot of hurt and bitterness to overcome. I thought this was a lovely book with great writing and interesting characters. If you like a good angst-filled romance with a happy ending I highly recommend. I enjoyed it.

My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !!!


My Source: author

Where to get it:
Amazon
Amazon UK  

Where to find the author:

Lucy Oliver
Twitter
Facebook


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review, I'm delighted you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really an original premise and say yes to angst. Enjoyed the book teaser and review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...