Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: No More Brothers

No More Brothers by Susan Russo Anderson


Description:
Serafina Florio is a widowed midwife-turned-sleuth living in nineteenth-century Sicily. She supports her children and catches killers despite insurmountable odds. When she discovers a body on the beach, she plunges into the investigation despite dark secrets, diminishing funds, and a budding romance. Evidence leads her to a forest on the edge of the Madonie Mountains where she uncovers the truth and conceives a daring plan to catch the killer.


My Thoughts:
A wonderful, short mystery that is perfect for when you don't have much reading time. I don't always like novellas because they can seem incomplete or rushed or not have much character development, but I didn't feel that way about this one. I liked the characters and there was enough mystery to keep me guessing and wondering how she was going to solve it. Not only does Serafina have a mystery to solve, she also has seven children to worry about, babies to deliver, and an illicit romance to debate with herself. I haven't read the first in the series, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I do want to read the first book, Death of a Serpent, because I enjoyed this one. There are also some loose ends to explore in future books, along with more crime solving, which I look forward to.

My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !

Where to get it:
Amazon


Where to find the author:
Susan Russo Anderson
writingsleuth
Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...