Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review: A Satan Carol

A Satan Carol by Alan S. Kessler


Description: 
Nostalgic for the Inquisition and plague, Satan feels neglected by the modern world that no longer cares about heresy or blames him for disease and death. He plans to create a new genesis, a place where people will love him. For that, his son needs just the right soul.

A Satan Carol is a horror story with a message for those who want to understand God's apparent absence as the intersection of freewill and choice. It is a story with religious themes written for a secular reader. It is, in the end, a tale about family values even if they originate in hell.



My Thoughts: 
I wasn't sure if this would be for me, but it was something different so I thought I would give it a try. I had a little trouble getting into it in the beginning, not sure where the story was going, but it didn't take long to get wrapped up in the story. I was soon interested in figuring out how the various people and events would interconnect. 


Mr. Green, aka Satan, likes to meddle in people's lives, but can't affect their free will. You see him manipulate people to try to get the outcome he wants. The story is very thought-provoking and there is a lot about religion and how it affects people in their thoughts and actions and the role it plays in their lives. This book is bizarre and impossible to predict what will happen next. You just have to hang on for the ride and see how it plays out. It gets creepy and disturbing in places, but not overly graphic. I think it was worth the read. 


My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...