Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Magic Gifts




Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews 

Description:
A dinner date after a hard day at work sounds heavenly. Of course, when that date is between the Beast Lord and Kate Daniels, things don’t go as planned. Before you know it, undead are running amok, heads are being chopped off, lawyers are deployed and used with extereme prejudice, and drunk vikings are calling people out.
Read at your own risk.

My Thoughts:
Magic Gifts was a Christmas gift from the authors of the Kate Daniels series.  I love the series, so I snagged it immediately.  If you didn't get it, it will be in the back of Gunmetal Magic.

What a wonderful gift! This is a novella that takes place after Magic Slays, at the same time as Andrea's book, the upcoming Gunmetal Magic.  It is about what happens when Kate and Curran try to go out on a date.  That should help hold me until the next Kate book. It was great to see Kate and Curran interact. I love their banter. "Your Furriness" makes me chuckle every time. 

I don't normally like novellas, but I thought this one was great. It felt complete to me, and not rushed. I originally was not very excited for the next book, Gunmetal Magic, but after reading this and getting a bit of a taste, I am anxious for Andrea's story now. 

My Rating:  *****
Steam Factor: !
*Note:  A few instances of the f-word when someone was angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...