Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: The Conspiracy Kid by E.P. Rose


Description:
A sonnet is penned and, lo, the Conspiracy Kid Fan Club is born. Beware. To read this sonnet is to join the Club. Membership is automatic and irreversible.
This is the story of the earliest unwitting Conspiracy Kid Fan Club members: Edwin Mars (poet), Joe Claude (billionaire), Walter Cornelius (werewolf), Muriel Cohen (chef), to name but a few.

Or, as Edwin Mars, being a poet, puts it:

This is the story of Joe Claude and me,
And of my son and the sisters he loved,
And of their father, how he came to be
In a graveyard - naked and uni-gloved;
Hamburgers, hurricanes, murder and string,
Werewolves and waiters and barmen and cooks,
From Maine to Biloxi, Mayfair to Pring,
Furniture, ketamine, golfing and books;
Marriages made and broken and mended
Under the shadow of loved ones who died.
See how the grieving billionaire ended
Up in that prison where laughter’s proscribed.
Will he be rescued then? Read and find out
What The Conspiracy Kid’s all about.


My Thoughts:

This was a different kind of read for me. There is a crazy cast of characters, most of whom are seemingly completely unrelated. As I was reading I was wondering how things would come together. I loved the witty humor. It is very British. I'm sure I missed some of the references, but that didn't really matter. It was entertaining. Not my usual kind of book with a main character who gets a happily ever after, but an enjoyable read. I was hooked right away, though I had no real idea what was going on. I had to keep reading it to figure it all out.

My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !!
*Notes: Some language.

My Source: author

Where to get it:

Waterstones and all good bookstores.




Author Bio: 
E.P.ROSE lives in London, England, with his restaurateur wife, various daughters, a dog called Frank and a cat called Wednesday.

Where to find him:

WLB Interview


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...