Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Review: Divergent

Divergent (Divergent Trilogy) by Veronica Roth


Description:
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.


My Thoughts:
With all of the hype surrounding the release of Insurgent, I had to hop on the bandwagon and find out what all the fuss was about. I loved Divergent and I will be reading Insurgent as well. I tend to like YA dystopian. There is just something about a messed-up world and the hope that comes with a young person trying to do something about it. The idea of the factions was interesting. Each faction having the one trait that they value above all others. Those Dauntless do some crazy things, like jumping off buildings and on and off of moving trains. There is some romance as well, which is always a plus for me. If you liked the Hunger Games, I think you'll like this as well.


My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !


Where to get it:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Google Books


Where to find the author:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...