Monday, October 26, 2015

Review: Playing With Fire by Tess Gerritsen


Description:
A beautiful violinist is haunted by a very old piece of music she finds in a strange antique shop in Rome.

The first time Julia Ansdell picks up The Incendio Waltz, she knows it’s a strikingly unusual composition. But while playing the piece, Julia blacks out and awakens to find her young daughter implicated in acts of surprising violence. And when she travels to Venice to find the previous owner of the music, she uncovers a dark secret that involves dangerously powerful people—a family who would stop at nothing to keep Julia from bringing the truth to light.



My Thoughts:
This is such a well-told story. It just drew me in and I just had to keep reading to find out where things would lead. It was very suspenseful. The story line goes back and forth between past and present. Eventually the reason becomes clear. I did not foresee the direction the story went. It was very moving. There is some history here that was very sad. I highly recommend this one. I loved it.

My Rating: *****


My Source: NetGalley




Where to get it:

Amazon | B&N | iTunes


Where to find the author:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...