Friday, December 19, 2014

Audio Review: How to Survive Your Sisters by Ellie Campbell


Description:
A wonderfully warm and witty debut novel about family secrets and sibling rivalry.

The four MacLeod sisters are no strangers to sisterly rivalry and with one of them about to be married, there are bound to be fireworks. Perfectionist Natalie wants the 'wedding of the year'. Harassed mother, Milly, just wishes her bridesmaid's dress wasn't the size of a tent. Career-obsessed Avril secretly moons over a married man and world traveler, Hazel, the youngest, yearns to be taken seriously. Forced together for the first time in years, and with an unexpected guest stirring up old resentments, squabbles are inevitable. But when tragedy strikes things really fly apart - as some shocking skeletons emerge rattling from the crowded MacLeod closet..


My Thoughts:
Siblings. Drama. Family secrets. I loved this story about four very different sisters. Having a couple of sisters myself, I could really relate to the story. Like how sometimes they were the best of friends and other times at each other's throats. Even though there were British phrases that I didn't really understand, there was still a lot to relate to in this story. The story is centered around Natalie as she is planning for her wedding. She becomes a bit of a bridezilla, even being embarrassed by her family. I love the bits of drama thrown in and the secrets here and there that made me want to keep on reading to find out more. I recommend this if you like stories about families and siblings with lots of drama, of if you just love a good story. Lots of humor, too. Just a fun read.

I listened to the audio version. Very well done. The narrator was wonderful and easy to listen to. The British accent is nice, too. A fun, easy listen for the drive to work.


My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!


My Source: 
Author

Where to get it:

Amazon | B&NAudible


Where to find the author:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...