Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review: Shepherd's Gambit by Alec Houze


Description:

The economy has fallen apart. With it so, too, has the country. Walls have been built up as the businesses, and the cities they called home, crumble. Jonathan Monroe, however, is doing just fine. He is a cleaner–a man whose task is to clear out the abandoned buildings that are becoming more and more prevalent. But a bar, that is not a bar, is the beginning of an explanation, and might help him understand why he woke up half-frozen underneath an interstate overpass.


My Thoughts:
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading, but I'm afraid to say too much because I don't want to spoil anything. The story centers around Jonathan, a man who remembers nothing about his past. He just lives his day-to-day life smoking cigarettes and cleaning buildings. The slow pace of this story lends to the mysterious vibe. I was unsure where the story was going, but I couldn't help wanting to read more to try to figure it out. There is some action as the story progresses, but overall it is a story that makes you think. I enjoyed it. 



My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: n/a

Notes: Some language, some gore


My Source: author

Where to get it:

Amazon | B&N | BAM!


Where to find the author:

Amazon | WiLoveBooks Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...