Thursday, April 24, 2014

Review: Last Chance to Run by Dianna Love



Description: 
To an undercover agent, she’s a Person of Interest. He’s interested.

Escaping the compound of a deadly international felon--with a fortune in rare, stolen coins hidden on her body--elite athlete Angel Farentino has to make the most important run of her life. Literally. With her father in prison, where he belongs, and a prior undeserved conviction hanging over her head, she has nowhere to turn and no one to trust. Definitely not law enforcement who railroaded her through a judicial nightmare. One step ahead of lethal men and dogs on her trail, she runs into the arms of a dark stranger willing to help her if she’d let him. But that would only get the sexy pilot killed.

Between figuring out who’s sabotaging his undercover work for the DEA and trying to save his baby sister from herself, Zane Jackson has enough on his plate. The last thing he needs is to get entangled with a woman who’s treading on the wrong side of the law. But when the long-legged distraction races into the middle of his operation and stows away on his plane, a primal need to protect forces Zane to risk everything, starting with his heart.

Note - This book was originally released as Worth Every Risk. When Dianna received the rights back she revised the story to the much larger romantic thriller version she'd always envisioned, which includes more romance and plenty of action.


My Thoughts:


Action, suspense, steamy romance. Everything you want in a romantic suspense. Angel is an ex-con who is trying to escape a dangerous man. Zane doesn't trust easily but can't help wanting to help the vulnerable woman who stows away on his plane. I loved both characters and the way they gravitated toward one another, even though they had trust issues. I just loved this book. Kept me interested to the very end. Also sets up for a series, which I would love to continue. I highly recommend this.



Narrator for the audio is wonderful. He is perfect for the story. The pacing is excellent and really helps to build the suspense in the story. He does a great job differentiating between characters. Honestly one of the best narrators I've listened to. And while I normally find sound effects to be distracting, I thought they were a nice touch. 

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!
*Notes:
Language


My Source: Audiobook Jukebox

Where to get it:



Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great suspenseful read. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my book and for the wonderful review! I will make sure Adam knows about this. I know he'll appreciate it as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela - I hope you get a chance to listen to a sample. It was a fun story to write and I was thrilled with the job Adam did narrating. So glad you follow this blog where you find new books. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...