Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Review: High Risk Love by Shannon Mayer

High Risk Love by Shannon Mayer

Description:
Photographs.

Images. Snapshots in time.

This is how I experience my life. I’ve hidden behind my camera and viewed the world through the lens. I watch other people live their lives. I’ve given up on my dreams, and sheltered my heart from love; because both have given me nothing but pain. Even thinking about opening myself up, sends my fears into overdrive. It’s better to be safe, than to take a risk and have your life shattered into pieces alongside your heart. This is what I believed.

Dangerous.

Risks. Fear Nothing.

I live for the rush of adrenaline I get when I work my stunts. Nothing else matters but the feel of my heart pounding when I challenge the line between life and death. Women are nothing more than a distraction; they use me for my connections, as I use them to escape the pain of my past before moving on to my next adrenaline fix. My life is consumed with excitement, danger and risks—it’s all I needed.

Denials.

Fear. The complete wrong time.

Jasmin and Jet will face off over photos, stunts and the truth hidden in their hearts. The last person Jasmin wants to be with is a man who takes life for granted. Jet wants to give his heart to no one; especially one who might not understand the secrets that haunt him. Despite their protests, Jasmin’s and Jet’s lives tangle; the threads of love and fear bind them. Between their passions and their pasts, they fight to hang onto each other . . . but will the stakes be too high when faced with the ultimate sacrifice?


 My Thoughts:

This book grabbed me right away. Jet and Jasmin both have painful pasts. It is difficult for Jet especially, but they connect right away. It seems fast, but they learn a lot about one another in a short amount of time. I just could not put this down until I knew everything would be all right. If you love a romance that rips your heart out over and over again but leaves you in a good place, this is the book for you. There are also some great secondary characters. This is the first of a series, I think. I really hope to find out more about Jasper and Hugh.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!!
*Notes: Language, past abuse.

My Source: publicist

Where to get it:


Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Pinterest
Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!! You should read Easy by Tammara Webber It sounds like you would like that one too :)

    I hope to see you around my blog,

    Katelynn Clark
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...