Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: The Ugly Duchess by Eloisa James

The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales #4) by Eloisa James

Description:
How can she dare to imagine he loves her…when all London calls her The Ugly Duchess ?

Theodora Saxby is the last woman anyone expects the gorgeous James Ryburn, heir to the Duchy of Ashbrook, to marry. But after a romantic proposal before the prince himself, even practical Theo finds herself convinced of her soon-to-be duke's passion.

Still, the tabloids give the marriage six months.

Theo would have given it a lifetime…until she discovers that James desired not her heart, and certainly not her countenance, but her dowry. Society was shocked by their wedding; it's scandalized by their separation.

Now James faces the battle of his lifetime, convincing Theo that he loved the duckling who blossomed into the swan.

And Theo will quickly find that for a man with the soul of a pirate, All's Fair in Love—or War.


My Thoughts:
This is the best historical romance I've read in a while. I fell in love with the characters in the beginning. They are so young and likable although they still have some growing up to do. They both make mistakes and don't have an easy road. Why do I like books where things look so bad that you don't see how it could possibly work out? Maybe it makes the happy ending sweeter? This is the first book where I wished I had the print instead of audio so I could read faster to get to the end. I recommend for any fans of historical romance who don't mind a lot of angst.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!!
My Source: library

Where to get it:
Amazon

Barnes & Noble
iTunes

Where to find the author:
Eloisa James
Facebook
Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Semi-weird title of the book? Ugly Duchess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think "The Ugly Duckling." The heroine is not traditionally pretty and she gets that nickname. Of course the hero loves her anyway. :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...