Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Land of the Noonday Sun by Carmen DeSousa

Land of the Noonday Sun by Carmen DeSousa


Description:
When two strangers have nothing left but their dreams, they must forge a relationship in Nantahala, North Carolina, a small town known as Land of the Noonday Sun.

Cassandra is the beautiful, yet analytical daughter of a wealthy attorney. Destined to follow in her father’s footsteps, her life of privilege suddenly shatters, and she finds herself with no home, career, or money. A glimmer of hope arrives in a letter from the grave promising a happier existence. Cassandra stands to inherit over half a million dollars if she can live in the sleepy little town of Nantahala for six months. Falling in love, however, was not part of the deal, and without warning, she finds herself fighting for two lives.

A man with a traumatic past is able to turn his life around and is happy with his chosen career as a whitewater guide. Everything changes though when fate hurls a woman into his path. His carefree life is in turmoil, and his former weaknesses threaten to overtake him. Will he be strong enough when tragedy strikes and is once again in danger of losing everything he loves?



My Thoughts:
I loved this one. I think it has a lot to do with the characters. Carmen DeSousa may be incapable of writing a hero that doesn't make me melt. Chad is so sweet. He is not without flaws, but who is? He and Cassie have both had a rough time in the past, but find one another under rather unusual circumstances. And then, just when everything is going great...well, I don't want to ruin it. But there is suspense as well and it will have you turning pages to find out what will happen next.
There is a fun little surprise tucked inside the story for those who have read She Belongs to Me, but if you haven't, you won't be missing anything. I recommend this book for all fans of sweet romance and page-turning suspense.




My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!


Where to get it:
Amazon 
Amazon UK


Where to find the author:
carmendesousa.com
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads
Amazon

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I have so got to learn how to do better reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I just try to write what I would want to read. Most of the time I think they are awful, so I appreciate your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. I think you do a great job. As a reader, I only want to know if another reader liked it, and if so, why? I love the romance and gore ratings, as I like my reads to be PG13. As an author, I love that you do not give away any of the mystery in the books. I appreciate all reviews, but when someone gives away a secret, I cringe. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to write reviews. I cannot express how much it means to an author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen! I try so hard not to give anything away. As a reader, I like to be surprised. I'm always happy to hear that someone finds my reviews useful. Good motivation to do more! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...