Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Author Interview: Mina Vaughn


Answering my questions today is Mina Vaughn, author of the newly released How to Discipline Your Vampire. This is an incredibly funny, silly, steamy romance about a substitute teacher who is a Domme and her vampire submissive. You can read my review here.

About the book:
Cerise Norrell, Type A substitute teacher by day, is ready to quit being a domme. Despite her best intentions, none of her partners can keep up with her scene fetish and attention to detail—let alone her demand that they have a costume and set waiting every afternoon by the time she’s home from school.
Over a dozen potential subs have left her in the past year, but just when Cerise thinks it’s impossible—that she’ll have to go back to vanilla relationships, or be alone forever—she meets William, who wants to make all her fantasies come true. He turns her home into a geisha’s dream apartment, a concert hall with a grand piano (which he uses to play an original composition while wearing a tuxedo), and even rents an abandoned loft for a zombie apocalypse scene—complete with canned goods.
But there’s something strange about William. Well, a lot of strange things. He must be absurdly rich, since he can afford to provide extravagant costumes and props on a daily basis without having to leave work early. He must be insane, since he puts up with Cerise’s over-the-top demands. And most importantly, he doesn’t redden when he’s spanked, and his skin is as cool as satin sheets. When Cerise discovers she’s become dome to the infamous “Chilly Willy,” as he’s known throughout the BDSM urban lore, she begins to find out there’s a whole lot more to her handsome submissive than a creative mind and a hard body.
And when it’s William, ironically, who starts pressing Cerise to give him the kind of commitment she’s never given anyone, it’ll take everything she has to work through her issues, confront her past, and learn to be vulnerable.

Q&A with Mina Vaughn

Describe your ideal writing space. How does it compare to reality?
I think a quiet, open space is great but I think writers need to stock it with sensory stimulation, such as pictures and perfumes and even different fabrics. I did a post on it here: http://bit.ly/1eso3Mj In reality, it's messier than I like. I think I bog the area down with too much stuff and don't clear it out as often as I should!

What is the first story you remember writing and what was it about? 
I remember writing a story in college about a society of anonymous women who did random kind and evil things to change things up in the world, like they were trying to change people's destinies. It was weird.

Name a memorable book from your childhood. Why is it memorable? 
I remember picking up Flowers in the Attic at a yard sale and tearing the cover off so my mom didn't know what I was reading. It was my first experience reading something titillating and I couldn't believe my eyes. I sought out the remainder of the series, too!

If you could ask any writer (living or dead) a question, who would it be and what would you ask? 
I think it's general, but I'd ask some of the more amazingly prolific writers of our time, ones who crank out dozens if not hundreds of titles, how they keep things fresh. I see entire rows of bookstores devoted to one author and I wonder how they do it! I think a lot of writers worry that their first book is their only "best" idea.

If you could pick any of the worlds or characters you have created, which would you want to visit or spend a day with? 
I'd love to spend a day with William, hehe. I'm sure Cerise won't mind lending him to me. I'd love to sit and talk with him, ogle him and just experience a day in the life of a vamp. And maybe tie him up.
What is one thing you like to do when you are not reading or writing? 
I'm a new convert to the world of fitness. I used to get my workouts just by walking or maybe running, but now I do it all-- lifting, karate, yoga, cardio. I actually look forward to my daily workout.

What are you currently working on? 
I can't say much, but I'm working on more erotic paranormal comedies in the vein of How to Discipline Your Vampire. :) Keep your eyes open for news!


Thanks for having me! :)

Thanks for being here! Can't wait to see what's coming next!



Mina Vaughn's Bio:
Kink with a wink! Mina Vaughn is an international woman of mystery and a shoe whore with a heart of gold. When she's not writing her unique brand of silly smut, she's plundering Sephora for any pin up girl makeup she can find. Mina's debut novel, an erotic comedy entitled How to Discipline Your Vampire is about a punishment-seeking vampire who meets a quirky Domme with a serious role play fetish, coming out August 19, 2013 from Simon and Schuster's Pocket Star.

Where to find her:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...