Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Review: Strong Enough by M. Leighton


Description:
From the author of the New York Times bestselling Bad Boys novels comes the first in a dark, sexy contemporary trilogy. 

Is she strong enough to trust the most dangerous man she’s ever met? And is he strong enough to let her? 

How would I describe myself? Well, I’m Muse Harper. I’m a twenty-something painter who loves red wine, quirky movies, and men with a fatal flaw. But that was before I met Jasper King. He became my fatal flaw. Eight months ago, I had a choice to make—abandon everything I’ve ever known to protect my family, or stay and risk someone getting hurt. I chose the former. My plan was working just fine until I found out my father had gone missing.

That’s when I met Jasper. A bounty hunter with the eyes of a tiger and the nose of a bloodhound, he was supposed to help me find my father. What I didn’t know was that meeting him was no accident. Hunting people isn’t all that Jasper does. And helping me was only part of his plan. I just wish I’d found out sooner, before my heart got involved. But even then, I don’t know if I’d have done things differently.

Now, I have another choice to make—trust the man that I’m falling in love with and hope that he’ll do the right thing, or run as far away from him as I can get.


My Thoughts:
Wow. The prologue is pretty intense. I was immediately sucked in. The actual story was a little slow for me. Muse's father is missing and she hired Jasper to help her find him. Jasper and Muse travel together and their feelings get in the way. It gets very steamy, but I feel like that slowed down the progress of the story. We get both points of view so we know that Jasper is not what he seems. I enjoyed this and would love to read the next book.


My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !!!!
*Notes:
Language

My Source: author's representative


Where to get it:

Amazon | B&NiTunes | Kobo


Where to find the author:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...