Sunday, November 16, 2014

Review: Dead Drop by Jesse Miles


Description:

Jack Salvo teaches philosophy one night a week at a community college, but he pays his bills working as a private detective in Los Angeles. An aerospace company hires him to investigate a small-time embezzlement. It’s a piece of cake – a direct route to the embezzler and client with deep pockets. The company assigns a pretty, quick-witted security expert named Lilith Lin to work with him.

Salvo is looking forward to a big paycheck and a possible date with Lilith, when another embezzlement and a pair of corpses expand his investigation into more perilous territory. As Salvo searches for answers, from the bland L.A. suburbs to the tawdry sparkle of the Sunset Strip, he is grilled by suspicious LAPD detectives, punched in the face by a dazzling TV actress, and stalked by cold efficient killers.

Salvo’s investigative options are running out when he observes a mysterious exchange of information at a “dead drop” in a canyon near Beverly Hills. From there he descends into a labyrinth of espionage, kidnapping and murder orchestrated by a brilliant, perverted psychopath. Jack’s life and Lilith’s are at stake, as are stealth technology secrets that could impact national security.



My Thoughts:
I thought this was an excellent detective story. I was pulled in from the very beginning and the twists and turns kept me flipping pages. I enjoyed the first person point of view. I liked Jack Salvo's sarcastic sense of humor and his methods for solving cases. There's even a bit of romance mixed in, though there were times that I wanted to slap Jack over his mental assessments of the women he met. As a philosophy professor/private investigator I thought he was an interesting character. The story kept me guessing and was exciting to the last page. I look forward to more Jack Salvo adventures. I highly recommend for lovers of mysteries, thrillers, and detective stories.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!
*Notes:
Language, some gore.

My Source: NetGalley


Where to get it:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes


Where to find the author:

WebsiteFacebookGoodreads

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a good mystery book and I might just try this one out :) Great review!!

    I Hope to see you around my blog,

    Katelynn
    wwwliterarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...