Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Trip to Bookworm Gardens




A fellow teacher told me about Bookworm Gardens back in winter and I immediately knew I needed to take the kids there this summer. Located in Sheboygan, WI it is less than a two hour drive for me. It was a fun day for the kids and for myself and if you're anywhere near Sheboygan, maybe you'd like to check it out, too. There is no admission fee, they just ask for a donation. 

The first thing you see as you are walking to the entrance is The Magic School Bus. My daughter loved it. You can pretend to drive and open and close the doors. 



The best thing about Bookworm Gardens is all of the hands-on activities. 


Washing Harry the dirty dog.


Digging for fossils.

Writing a letter to Twitch the mouse.

 "Check this out, Mom! I'm building a fairy house!"

Building a fairy house.


"Look, Mom! I'm typewriting!"

And they really know how to bring a story to life.


Exploring the three pigs' houses.
Helping Horton hatch the egg.

Exploring the little house in the big woods.

"I'm going to cook!" 


Trying out the three bears' chairs.



It's also just really pretty. 


Passing through the caterpillar. 

A place to eat your picnic lunch.

Watching the fish in the pond.
Stopping for a snack.



There are also plenty of places to stop and read a book.
Each area has books available for reading. 
A reading break. Of course we need to read Harry the Dirty Dog.



There is so much more than I can show you here.  There is even some construction in progress, so I know they are adding even more great things! I would definitely go again. And bring friends.
 
Here is the link if you would like to find out more about Bookworm Gardens. You can also find them on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing (especially the pictures!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! I had fun taking the pictures :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...