A gritty and emotional historical western romance by RITA-award winning and Bestselling author Molly O'Keefe.
Melody Hurst’s days as a Southern belle are over. Now she’s widowed and alone in the foothills of the Rockies, struggling to make a life in a dangerous world. She’s determined to secure a future by marrying – but love is out of the question.
Cole Baywood has turned bounty hunter after serving in the horrors of the Civil War, but the ghosts of the men and women he’s killed still haunt him. He’s drawn to the beautiful widow trying to seduce him, only the darkness in his soul forces him to reject her. Is it possible that Melody’s touch can heal the demons of his past? And how can he convince a woman who has lost so much to risk her heart?
Get the Book:
Top Ten List by Molly O'Keefe
Favorite Historical Western Romance Authors
1. Elizabeth Lowell - Only His, Only Mine, Only You, Only Love, Autumn Love, Winter Fire. I guess you always love your first, the best. Lowell's books were among my first romances and remain my absolute favorites.
2. Maggie Osbourne - Silver Lining, The Promise of Jenny Jones, The Wives of Bowie Stone, I Do, I Do, I Do. Oh, how I miss Maggie Osborne. Really miss her. Osborne wrote the best heroines. To tell you the truth, I don't actually remember the heroes but the heroines and the depictions of female friendships totally stand out.
3. LaVyrle Spencer - The Gamble, The Endearment. Spencer wrote a bunch of Historical Westerns and I know people love The Fulfillment - but I do not love love triangle. But The Endearment and The Gamble are amazing books. So amazing, I now need to reread them.
4. Jo Goodman - Never Love A Lowman, Marry Me, If His Kiss is Wicked. Goodman's books are gems. Slow-burning stories with deeply-drawn characters that I really adore.
5. Teresa Medeiros - Nobody's Darling. I really don't know why Medeiros didn't write more western historicals. This book about Billy Charming is on the top shelf of my keeper bookcase. Funny and sweet and sexy - totally love it.
6. Susan Johnson - The Braddock-Black series might have been my first experience with what readers call "crack" books. Incredibly over the top, unbelievable but totally unputdownable. I realized that I've never read the last book in this series and - you can imagine, I will be rectifying that immediately.
7. Lori Austin - Beauty and The Bounty Hunter, An Outlaw in Wonderland, The Lone Warrior. Austin is writing really intricately-plotted books covering fascinating aspects of the West. Her heroines are smart and clever and struggling. The research in incredible.
8. Catherine Anderson - Annie's Song. If you haven't read this book and consider yourself a fan of romance - you're missing out. Surprising and thoughtful on every level.
9. Patricia Gaffney - Crooked Hearts. Both characters are con artists. It's got adventure, it's funny and seriously romantic.
10. You tell me your favorite western historical author, or book.
About the author:
Molly O'Keefe is a RITA-Award winning author with 24 novels in publication. Her new series The Boys of Bishop continues this summer with Never Been Kissed and Between The Sheets. Her first Historical Western SEDUCED is available now. She lives in Toronto, Canada with her family and the largest heap of dirty laundry in North America.