Thursday, December 19, 2013

Review: Truly by Ruthie Knox


Description:
May Fredericks hates New York. Which is fair enough, since New York seems to hate her back. Just weeks after moving from Wisconsin to Manhattan, she receives the world's worst marriage proposal, stabs her boyfriend with a shrimp fork in a very public venue, and accidentally becomes notorious. And that’s before she gets mugged.

At her wit's end, May washes up at a Packers bar in Greenwich Village, where she meets a surly, unhelpful guy who hates her shoes and calls her ex a douche.

His name is Ben. He used to be a chef. Now he's a rooftop beekeeper with anger management issues. She wouldn't even like him, but he reminds her of home … and he knows where to find all the best food in the Village.

She makes him laugh. He buys her tacos and cowboy boots. The longer they’re stuck together, the better May and Ben get along … and the harder they fall. TRULY is a quirky, modern New York love story unlike any you've read before.

My Thoughts:
I seriously adored this book. I loved Ben and Meg and both of their quirks. I loved how they just worked together. It was funny and just a little heartbreaking and I read it in a day because I just couldn't stop. (This is why I had to wait until it was complete and couldn't read it as a serial.) If you are a fan of contemporary romance, this is a must read. And ok, I will admit, as a Wisconsin girl, it was fun to read all the Wisconsin stuff. It's not often you get to read about Packer fans from Wisconsin.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!!
*Notes: Some language

My Source: Wattpad (available until the end of Dec. 2013)

Where to get it:

TRULY will be published by Loveswept/Random House in Fall 2014. Two sequels — MADLY and COMPLETELY — will follow


Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads

Ruthie Knox will be at the Barbara Vey Reader Appreciation Luncheon in Milwaukee on April 26, 2014. I'm already signed up to go. Check out the website for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...