Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers

The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers

Description:
I will meet you on Wednesdays at noon in Celebration Park. Kissing only.

Carrie West is happy with her life . . . isn’t she? But when she sees this provocative online ad, the thirtysomething librarian can’t help but be tempted. After all, the photo of the anonymous poster is far too attractive to ignore. And when Wednesday finally arrives, it brings a first kiss that’s hotter than any she’s ever imagined. Brian Newburgh is an attorney, but there’s more to his life . . . that he won't share with Carrie. Determined to have more than just Wednesdays, Carrie embarks on a quest to learn Brian’s story, certain that he will be worth the cost. But is she ready to gamble her heart on a man who just might be The One . . . even though she has no idea how their love story will end?


My Thoughts:
I absolutely adored this novella. I was intrigued by the premise and had to read it right away. I was not disappointed. I actually read it in one sitting, unwilling to go to sleep until I had finished. This little gem packs a big emotional punch. Sparks fly between these two and you can feel the connection from their very first meeting. There is lots of steam, even when they are just kissing in the park or talking on the phone. Carrie is willing to fight when Brian tries to push her away. This story just pulls at your heart. I admit that it made me cry. Mary Ann Rivers is definitely a new author to watch for.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!!
*Notes: Some strong language.

My Source: NetGalley

Where to get it:


Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...