Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Saving Ben by Ashley Farley

Saving Ben by Ashley Farley

Description:
Life is sweet for Katherine Langley. A freshman at the University of Virginia, she is free from the drama of her parents’ dysfunctional marriage and ready to focus on studying to become a nurse. Her brother, Ben, belongs to the hottest fraternity on campus, and her new roommate, Emma, is beautiful and charming, a party girl whose answer for a hangover is happy hour. She is also a psychopath.

When Katherine’s obsessive-compulsive overprotective brother succumbs to Emma’s charms and falls dangerously off-track, Katherine must save Ben from himself. Lives are threatened and someone disappears on New Year’s Day. The only evidence left: a single set of footprints in the snow.

From the university campus to a cozy cottage on Carter’s Creek, Virginia, Saving Ben is a haunting tale of love and loyalty, anger management, substance abuse, and betrayal.


My Thoughts:
This book surprised me. I thought the description looked interesting, but there was so much more here than I expected. I loved the story. Prologue grabbed me right away. It was short but effective. It sets up a mystery, then the story jumps back 16 months. The whole time I was reading, the prologue was floating in the back of my mind, making me wonder how they get to that point. There is so much drama in this book, there is never a dull moment. There is a lot of focus on relationships. Friendships, family issues, sibling relationships, romantic relationships. There are also a lot of issues. College, roommates, drinking, drugs, anorexia. This will appeal to older teens and young adults, but also older adults who have been to college, had bad roommates, or have siblings.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!
*Notes: Underage drinking, drug use, some profanity.

My Source: author

Where to get it:
Amazon

Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Pinterest
Goodreads



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...