Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Author Interview: Peggy Bird

Today I have Peggy Bird, author of steamy contemporary romances Beginning Again and Loving Again, from her Second Chances Series, which I have reviewed here at WLB.


Peggy Bird and the glass she created using the descriptions of Amanda's work in Loving Again. It is currently on display at a gallery in Vancouver.


Describe your ideal writing space. How does it compare to reality?

Ideally, I'd be near a body of water, where I could hear the splash of a waterfall, the crash of waves or the rippling of a river over rocks. The weather would be year-round temperate so I could have doors and windows open all the time. I'd have a comfortable chair, the right height desk and a Macbook along with good music and an endless supply of coffee.

Well, enough fantasy. The only water I can hear is the washing machine in the laundry room down the hall and the rain against the window above my desk. A desk that is the right height along with a perfect chair, a Macbook with my hours of music thanks to iTunes and all the coffee I want is in the kitchen if I get up and make it. As I don't have plans to move, that'll have to do.


What is the first story you remember writing and what was it about?

The first thing I remember writing is a play for my cousins and brother to act out. It was my adaptation of one of Grimm's fairy tales and involved an elaborate set with upside down chairs and sheets covering them. I can still see the set and remember putting the play on for our parents but I cannot remember which fairy tale it was.


Name a memorable book from your childhood. Why is it memorable?

Nancy Drew--pick any one. I read them all. In order. She was independent, smart and drove a cool car. Just what I wanted out of life!


If you could ask any writer (living or dead) a question, who would it be and what would you ask?

The writer I always say I want to talk to is Shakespeare--the question is, "Did you write all those plays?"


If you could pick any of the worlds or characters you have created, which would you want to visit or spend a day with?

Without doubt I would want to spend the day with Amanda St. Claire, the heroine of my just-released ebook, "Loving Again." She is an accomplished glass artist and, as I also create glass art, I'd love to hang out with her so she could teach me to be a better glass artist.


What is one thing you like to do when you are not reading or writing?

I create kiln-formed glass--not as well as my character does but I try.


What are you currently working on?

This year I signed up for National Novel Writing Month and made my NaNoWriMo goal with over 50k words of the fifth novel in my Second Chances series. It's called, "Believing Again" and is the story of Danny Hartmann and Jake Abrams. Danny is a character from "Loving Again"--she's a Portland police detective and the hero's partner--and Jake is a doctor who she meets in the course of an investigation. The manuscript needs work, of course, but I'm pretty happy with what I got accomplished in 30 days.



Where to find her online:



More about Loving Again:

Glass artist Amanda St. Claire and Portland police detective Sam Richardson didn’t have an ordinary boy-meets-girl introduction—they meet when she’s accused of murdering her boyfriend. Sam puts his career on the line to find the evidence that frees her. But she leaves Portland before they can explore the attraction between them. Six months later she returns and a serious relationship begins.

However, the past isn’t always easily buried.
When an anonymous killer sets Amanda up again as a murderer and then threatens Sam, she moves to protect him the only way she can—by walking away from the only man she’s ever really loved.
Available at Amazon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...