Friday, August 17, 2012

Review: Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes

Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal (Duke's Daughters #2) by Grace Burrowes

Description:
Maggie Windham, oldest of the Windham sisters and a by-blow from His Grace’s pre-marital wild oats, finds herself in desperate needs of an investigator to help her retrieve a missing reticule. Benjamin Hazlit knows the Windham family secrets, and can be trusted to keep them to himself, so Maggie turns to Benjamin, though it means ignoring his too-broad shoulders, his too-knowing smile… and his too-skilled kisses.

As Benjamin starts the search for Maggie’s missing purse, he realizes two things: First, whatever was in that purse, its loss has Maggie not just rattled, but terrified. Second, Benjamin will go to any lengths to see Maggie’s peace of mind restored, even if it means he must keep himself in very close proximity to the shy, secretive lady who says she wants nothing to do with him.


My Thoughts:

I won this in a giveaway at SOS Aloha, where I shared that I had no secrets in my purse, but I did have a baseball. Maggie lost her purse (reticule) and she needs it back because she has secrets in there that she doesn't want anyone to find. That's why she hires Benjamin to find it, even though he makes her nervous because his job is discovering secrets. This is the 5th book in the Windham series, but it stands on its own. The Virtuoso is the only other one that I have read.
Maggie is an older heroine. She is past 30 and has no hopes of ever marrying. Benjamin is a beta hero, which I adore, and wants to help Maggie with whatever her secret may be. It is a sweet story with some steam and I recommend for historical romance fans.

My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !!!!


Where to get it:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Where to find the author:
Grace Burrowes
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...