Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review: Lonestar Homecoming (Lonestar #3)


Lonestar Homecoming by Colleen Coble


Description:
With nothing but five dollars, a train ticket, and the wedding dress she's wearing, Gracie Lister escapes with her daughter to the West Texas country where her family fell apart years ago. There, Lieutenant Michael Wayne gives Gracie the hiding place she needs.


My Thoughts:
Picked this up from the library because I needed an audio book and it was available. I wasn't sure what to expect. Lonestar Homecoming is the third book in the Lonestar series, but the first one I have read (the library site doesn't always do a good job of labeling books in a series). This book stands just fine on its own. It is a sweet, emotional romantic suspense. Gracie takes her daughter and runs to keep her safe but doesn't have any money or a place to stay. Michael finds her and helps her out. He happens to need someone to help him take care of his children. The couple falls in love gradually (which is a refreshing change) while dealing with their pasts and trying to keep their family safe. I have never read a book by this author before, but I will be sure to check out some of her other books.


My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...