Friday, April 20, 2012

Review: Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3)


Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh


***Spoiler Warning***
I try not to, but there may be spoilers. If you have not read Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1) you may want to click here to read my review of that book instead. There is a great twist at the end and I would have been disappointed if I had found out before I read it for myself. Ok, you have been warned. If you are still reading, you have already read Angels' Blood or you like to be spoiled. 




Description:
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…

A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders.

The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.

An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed…



My Thoughts:
One thing a paranormal series can do to draw me in is to make the made-up world seem real. This series makes people walking around with wings seem normal. Maybe it's the rules about wings brushing, or acceptable wing touching, or the mention of wings dragging when tired. That is something I have liked about this series from the beginning. It makes the world work for me.

I like Elena and Raphael together. Elena needs someone who can deal with her hunter side and Raphael lets her make him more human. They balance one another, but they are still learning how to be together. Sometimes I feel like the love scenes slow things down a bit, but the airborne scene? Impressive. We're still getting bits about secondary characters that I hope to see further developed in future books. I am still onboard with this series.


My Rating: ****
Steam Factor: !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...