Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Audio Books

For years I thought audio books were for people who didn't read. I have no idea why, but I had no interest.  I can read myself, I thought.  I don't need anyone to read for me.  Then I got my iPod touch. 

I somehow came across audio books on my library's website and figured out how to check them out and download them onto my iPod.  Now I am never without a book.  I can listen to a book while I do dishes, fold laundry, drive the car.  When I am in the middle of listening to a good book, a lot more gets done around the house.

If you have not tried audio books, you should give one a try.  It is a different experience because a well-read audio book is like listening to a play, with different voices for each character.  You can listen to them on your computer or mobile device.

Some sources for free (I am a big fan of free) audio books:

Your public library (if you live in Wisconsin, click here) The following applies to Wisconsin, other places may vary.
     *You must have a library card in good standing. 
     *Can check out titles for 7-14 days; cannot be returned early.
     *Must have special software installed before downloading, such as OverDrive Media Console

     *Public domain books
     *Download in mp3, iPod, or iTunes format


How do you feel about audio books? Ever tried them? Have a question or suggestion?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...