Friday, January 6, 2012

Review: Crushed Seraphim


Description:




How does a foul-mouthed angel end up as the last hope for all of Heaven and Earth? When Seraph Emma is maimed and tossed from Heaven by a rogue angel who's taken charge, she fears she'll never be allowed to return. Tasked with the impossible job of showing the self-loathing (and not even human!) Jason his worth, Emma is sure she's doomed to fail. Meanwhile, having wormed his way into Heaven, the corrupt Everett has trapped God in Hell and has designs on unleashing evil everywhere. Fortunately, if there's one thing Emma can't do (in addition to minding her language), it's give up. Determined to save Jason and get back to Heaven-even if it means going to Hell-Emma's plan is simple yet impossible: trick the Devil to save God. What she doesn't count on is the devotion and, well, humanity she finds in Jason; the spirit, hidden compassion, and raw sex appeal within the Devil; and the vulnerability of her own heart. With the help of two unlikely allies, she'll wage the battle for Heaven. But will Emma be sidetracked by a new sort of heaven along the way? What's truly more dangerous? Falling from Heaven, or falling in love? Debra Anastasia has twisted a fast-paced tale of intimate relationships with literally universal impact. Rich with humor and electrified by attraction, this novel offers a playfully off-beat take on the good and evil that make up the world.


My Thoughts:

I don't normally read books about angels and Heaven, but I really got into this one.  It is pretty fast-paced and there is a lot going on. It is unpredictable and I had a hard time putting it down.  I had to keep reading because I found myself wondering what could possibly happen next. However, the ending is very abrupt and nothing is resolved. I finished the book feeling very unsettled, but there will be a sequel, which I am highly anticipating.

One issue here is that I don't really like Emma.  It is hard to reconcile her supposed kindness with some of her actions, such as her cruelty to Jason right from the start.  Her job is to make him see his humanity and get him to believe in Heaven, but she doesn't even treat him like a person. I guess no one is perfect.  I was hoping to like her more, but I enjoyed the story anyway. Maybe she will redeem herself in the next book, or I will learn to appreciate her personality.


My Rating:  *****
Steam Factor:  !!!
*Note:  Strong language

Where to get it:
Amazon

Where to find the author:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...