Thursday, August 28, 2014

Review: Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones

I know I've been slacking on the reviews lately and I apologize. Life, you know. Kids, a new job. I hate when life gets in the way of reading time. I'm hoping things settle soon so I can get back into a routine. 


Description:
Never underestimate the power of a woman on a double espresso with a mocha latte chaser high.
- T-shirt

Charley Davidson isn't your everyday, run-of-the-mill grim reaper. She's more of a paranormal private eye/grim reaper extraordinaire. However, she gets sidetracked when the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, moves in next door. To further complicate matters, Reyes is her main suspect in an arson case. Charley has vowed to stay away from him until she can find out the truth...but then dead women start appearing in her apartment, one after another, each lost, confused, and terrified beyond reason. When it becomes apparent that her own sister, Gemma is the serial killer's next target, Charley has no choice but to ask for Reyes's help. Arsonist or not, he's the one man alive who could protect Gemma no matter who or what came at her. But he wants something in return. Charley. All of her, body and soul. And to keep her sister safe, it is a price she is willing to pay.


My Thoughts:
I  admit that I have an author crush on Darynda Jones. I love these Charley Davidson books so much. They make me laugh out loud and continue to surprise me. Each book is better than the last, though I don't know how such a thing is possible. The characters are great. There is Charley with her ADD, Reyes who can be frustrating but is mostly awesome, Cookie, Uncle Bob, and other assorted characters. 

In this book, Charley has more cases to solve and more dead people showing up in her apartment. Once again, things get pretty dark for Charley, but she manages to come through as sassy as ever. And that might be one of the things I love most about this series. She almost dies, but whatever happens to her she always comes out of it making jokes. 


My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!!


My Source:
purchased


Where to get it:

Amazon | B&N | iBooks


Where to find the author:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...