Thursday, October 8, 2015

Review: Fire In the Hole by Debra Anastasia


Description:
Here’s what you, the brave reader, need to know. Fire Down Below has a sequel. I know; everyone’s super surprised that Amazon allowed me to keep the poop-your-pants book up all this time. 

In Fire in the Hole, Dove’s sausage-loving neighbor has realized he’s wildly in love with her lurchingly awkward butt. Johnson is the pharmacist of her dreams until he tells her over Twitter—goddamnit—that he has plans with an ex-girlfriend. 

Duke scrapes Dove off her apartment floor and takes her to his cousin’s wedding. As Pissboy and Cross-eyed Knockers tie the knot, Duke could just kick himself in the balls when he sees Johnson and Beth at the same venue driving Dove insane with jealousy.

Will Dove give up everything, even her self-esteem, to get Johnson’s johnson between her legs? Or will the scent of spiced meat inspire Dove to rip off Duke’s sausage-and-egg underwear forever?

Yup. I can publish this. No law against it… yet.


My Thoughts:
Debra Anastasia does not follow the rules. I adore that about her. How can I get through not just one book filled with disgusting bodily functions humor and awkwardness, but two? I admit it's not normally my thing, but this book had me laughing until I had tears in my eyes. That's not enough to keep me reading, though. Under the potty jokes the story is about people, some of whom are disgusting and awkward. But they're people trying to figure out themselves and relationships, both friendly and romantic. It's about being real, or learning to be real, and figuring out what is important. I got all that from a book filled with fart and penis jokes? You bet.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !!!
*Notes:
Where do I begin? Do not read this if you lack a sense of humor.

My Source: The Author


Where to get it:

Amazon 


Where to find the author:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Goodreads | Tumblr | Google+



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...