Friday, April 25, 2014

Review: How to Say Goodbye by Amber Lin


Description:
Amy has a secret: no one’s ever held her hand. She doesn’t even know how to hug. Everyone thinks she’s smart, but straight A's are way easier than making friends. Then she meets Dane, a golden-haired surfer whose easy charm and hot touch teach her what she longs to know.

Dane lives for the salty breeze and a sweet wave, because that’s all he has. He’s been on the streets since he was fourteen. A drifter. Homeless. Then he meets Amy. Smart and accomplished, she’s everything he’s not. He wants to be the sort of man who deserves her.

Except that means facing down his past—and that past might very well swallow them both.



My Thoughts:

I just loved this. I couldn't help it. It starts a bit slow, but I was pulled in by the writing. Amy has never been  one to connect with people, but she is drawn to Dane right away. He is drawn to her as well, but he doesn't think he deserves her because he is homeless and has some things in his past that he wants to keep her sheltered from. I loved watching these two connect and try to get past the obstacles in their way. A touching, sweet love story.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor:
*Notes: Some dark subject matter

My Source: author

Where to get it:


Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Pinterest
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...