Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: Roadrage by M.J. Johnson

Roadrage by M.J. Johnson

Description:
Gil Harper is travelling home in severe weather conditions when he encounters another car on a deserted motorway. The other driver provokes him into a dangerous race at high speed. Although deeply shaken by the experience, Gil eventually gets away and completes his journey safely.

A short time afterwards there begins a series of apparently unrelated events. What seems at first to be a vindictive game escalates into a terrifying ordeal with lethal consequences, not only for Gil, but for all those he loves and cares about.

Trouble isn't always personal.


My Thoughts:

A fantastically well-told story that grabbed me from the first chapter. Gil is just trying to drive home when another car on the highway starts messing with him.  Parts of the story are from the point of view of the bad guy and gives you a glimpse into his head. This did a great job of ratcheting up the suspense and made me want to keep reading. It showed just how crazy he was and still kept you wondering. Definitely creepy. There is a bit of a romance, which was a nice plus, but didn't overpower the thriller aspect of the story. I enjoyed the characters as well. A scary good book. I highly recommend this one.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !
*Notes: Some strong language, blood, and gore.

My Source: author

Where to get it:


See author's website for other options

Where to find the author:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Pinterest
Goodreads

**WiLoveBooks review for Niedermayer & Hart
**WiLoveBooks Interview


1 comment:

  1. This book cover really caught my eye. Thanks to you, I'm going to check it out :)

    Katelynn Clark
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...