Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Review: The Last Lord of Paradise (#2) by Vivian LeMay

The Last Lord of Paradise Generation Two: Jean Baptiste and Louise by Vivian LeMay

Description:
"Jean Baptiste smiled. "I'm a foundling, Thomas, penniless, landless, no family. I will always be grateful to Maman for taking me in as one of her own, but in Paradis, blood is everything.


Thomas took a deep breath and tried to smile ... hoping to hide the look of guilt on his face, he turned back to his bellows. The great lie his mother had told Jean Baptiste was still a well kept secret of Paradis. His mother's power over the habitants was amazing. After all these years, they still feared her. Even Uncle Joseph went along with her great lie.



It had certainly succeeded. The boy with Jeanne's red hair, with Anton's gleam of energy in his blue eyes, was willing to work, and humble-too humble. The boy tolerated disrespect from younger habitants who had no idea who he was, and torment from his brothers.


My Thoughts:
Having read generation one, I knew Jean Baptiste's background and was curious how he would end up. I found myself rooting for him and hoping he would survive all the hardships he had to endure. I was so pulled into the story and the writing. It was a quick read and that was good because I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.

My Rating: *****
Steam Factor: !

My Source: author

Where to get it:

Amazon

Where to find the author:
Blog
Amazon page
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...